Last Updated December 20, 2019
Information we collect
We collect certain information about users, including “Personal Information”, in order to fulfill our lawful business interests.
Information collected through the Website
Through our web forms on our website, we collect:
- Job Title
- Address Information
- School Name
- Phone Number
We also collect information automatically through the Website. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your location as inferred from your IP address, your internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Website, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
- Server Logs. When you visit the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include data such as your IP address, the pages you visit, the features you use on the Website, and your general geographic location as inferred from your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
- Cookies. Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or other device by your web browser. We use the following types of cookies to collect information:
- If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer.
We may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal Information described above. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies on the Website or in email communications from Rediker Software. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and targeted advertising, as described below.
How do we use your information?
We may use the data we collect to:
- provide and administer our products and services (including websites and apps for which you have registered);
- bill you for products and services you purchased;
- provide training, support and consulting services;
- process and complete transactions;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, developing, enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- communicate with you about your account and orders (including sending emails relating to your registration, account status, order confirmations, renewal or expiration notices and other important information);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including sending you promotional materials, generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- verify your identity and protect your account against unauthorized use or abuse of our services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- maintain and enhance the security of our Online Channels, products, services, network services, information resources and employees;
- respond to your inquiries; or
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes.
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is used, and the context in which the data is obtained, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
How do we protect your information?
We offer a high-level of security and have implemented policies and procedures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of users’ personal information. No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100 percent secure. However, we take many steps to safeguard the security of personal information. Our firewalls are configured in redundancy to protect the flow of outbound and inbound traffic with real-time scanning. We employ IPS/IDS (Intrusion Prevention System/Intrusion Detection System) for deep traffic inspection and have rules in place to block threats. We use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) which provides authentication and strong encryption.
Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising
We partner with certain third parties to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs, or similar online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
We utilize Hotjar and Lead Liaison to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Both sites offer a service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line, or follow the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of our emails.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In no case will we sell or license personal information to third parties, except as required or permitted by law. For example, we may sell, assign or share personal information in connection with certain business transactions, such as the acquisition of all or substantially all our company assets. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children's Online Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms of Service
Please visit our Terms of Service section which establishes the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.rediker.com/terms.
Your Choices and Access to Information
Depending on your location and where applicable law requires, you may have the following choices with respect to your Personal Information:
- the right to access your Personal Information;
- the right to update your Personal Information by emailing us. If practically possible, we will make corrections (where appropriate) based on your updated information;
- the right to withdraw your consent with respect to Personal Information that is collected on the basis of your consent;
- the right to request deletion of your Personal Information or object to its processing;
- the right to portability – to move, copy or transmit personal data from one IT environment to another; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with us or, as applicable, with a supervisory authority.
To learn more about the Personal Information that Rediker Software has collected or to exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, including updating or changing that information, please contact us by email email@example.com, or by mail at the business address.
If you no longer want to receive email marketing communications from Rediker Software, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you will still receive administrative messages.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Please note that due to technical reasons there will likely be a delay in accessing or deleting your Personal Information from our systems if you request it. We also will retain Personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Rediker Software, Inc.
2 Wilbraham Road
Hampden, MA 01030